How do I say this without......offending(x-posted)

|
Well, I probably will and fuck it! If you're offended, speak your mind! I'm perfectly fine with that.

Ok, here's where I'm at.

Prop. 8 passed. It's stupid and unacceptable. Yes, I will agree with that until we're all dead.

It passed, which means we've lost, FOR THE TIME BEING!!!! I can't stress that enough. Lost the battle, not the war.

Ok, so I hear there are going to be all these protests at city halls all across southern California.


Really? Really! I hope this is just a rumor.

As much as I'm for standing up for what you believe in, I'm not of fan of just screaming your head off about something you can't do anything about right now. There is this thing called planning your attack. I hate to make it so graphic, but seriously.

Standing outside a building screaming "NO TO H8!" is not going to do much other than make us look like fools. I don't want to look stupid, do you? Can we just sit back for like, five seconds and breath, first of all. (I feel like I haven't taken a breathe since this whole thing started)

Second, we need to think of a way that will get our point across without being obtrusive(in the assholey sense of the word). That, I don't know yet how to do that. That's why I'm posting this. I need ideas, I need help. But I refuse, flat out REFUSE to do all these protests. I don't feel it's helping. It's just adding to the fuel that is the hatred of people who voted yes.

I'm not about creating fires. I'm about putting them out. Again, if you don't agree with me, that is perfectly fine.


This is a message for those who agree with and want to figure out a peaceful way of solving this. Obviously, it will not be overnight. But I'm willing to do what needs to be done to change this. Peacefully.

Don't get me wrong, I give props to those who feel strongly enough to go out there and do what they feel is right to set this straight. But please, please be aware that you are setting an example which we all have to live by. Whether you like it or not, that is how people perceive us.



Comments? Questions? Concerns? I'm open to any and all.

No comments: